Monday, September 26, 2011

Geometric Patterns

It seems sometimes I am in the mood to create afghans or dolls or scarfs or hats, and I continue to find patterns to create over and over. I usually like to apply my own color creations to a free pattern or a pattern from a book. Then I look at my stock of yarns, that I organize by color, and paint the pattern in my mind before I start the project. Here is an Afghan that I combined vibrant colors, using merino wool and alpaca wool. The colors used are brick orange, purple, dark purple, light green, golden rod yellow, brown and royal blue.

 

Detail of the square:


2 comments:

  1. omg this is amazing!!! love the colors. is it a blanket? i want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's an afghan.. email me your address and I will send you this one.

    ReplyDelete