Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hubby Cardigan

Vin volunteers at Ellis Island in the summer and sometimes on weekends during the school year. Yeah, you guessed it, he is a teacher, poor soul! He told me he only works 163 days a year, I think. But now that he is an AP, it's back to reality baby!

Anyway, for Ellis he gets one polo shirt and one long sleeve button down shirt with the patches. He bought three more polo's where I sewed the patches. He asked me to make him a wool cardigan with a shawl collar in the beige or taupe color required for the job, and once done, I can sew the patches on it, so he is warm during the winter. So here is what I have so far.

I am using chunky wool by Filatura Lanarota that is made in Peru of 100% Wool that I got at a discount from Smiley's Yarn. The back and the right front side are done. I just have to finish up the pocket on the front right side. It will have pockets on each side. I'm working on the left side, then I have to do the sleeves. I combined two free patterns and adjusted the stitches to Vin's size. I already had to take the sides apart and start over. I had put it away for a while, so now I've picked it up again to finish it. I'll keep you posted when I have it done. Hope it fits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment