Friday, January 27, 2012

Panda Craze

Panda Pocket Scarf
Ear Flaps Panda Hat
My friend asked me to make a panda themed set of gloves, scarf and hat for her daughter based on something she saw in a store. After a few different hats, I came up with this ear flaps hat. The yarn I used was wool/bamboo blend and a merino wool for the eyes, mouth and ears. I made the pom-poms and crocheted the eyes and mouth.

Next, I started on the Panda scarf with pockets at the end. This time I crocheted the eyes and nose within the knitted pockets and attached the pom-poms. I made the scarf long enough to wind around the neck and be able to use the pockets around the waist.
Jadyn modeling the Panda hat and scarf
Jadyn liked the scarf and hat. I also made the Panda finger-less gloves with mitten cover, but they were too small.

I have to re-do the gloves but I've included a picture of how they look when completed.

The wool/bamboo yarn is an off-white color and is soft and strong. The merino wool yarn is jet black and is soft. Both are hand washable in cold water and laid flat to dry.

If you are interested in a set, feel free to email me. I will need some measurements for the hat and the gloves. I can use different yarn. I like the wool/bamboo blend, but I usually use all merino wool for winter gear, only because I feel it will keep the wearer warmer.

Panda Fingerless Gloves with Mitten Cover (closed)
Panda Fingerless Gloves with Mitten Cover (open)




No comments:

Post a Comment